Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Alteffoure
Subject :A Letter to Prince Mobon
Date :1/14
Brother Mobon,

I see you fighting the good fight out here, in the name of self-identifying Shaman everywhere. You only mean well. Sadly, I have found, some of us cannot work within their strict parameters, can we? "You have to be a Mage to be a Shaman," they told me. "You have to be a Shaman to perform exorcisms," they tell you. I can empathize deeply. We are kindred spirits! As a young child, I picked the Warrior path, only to discover later in life that I identified as a Shaman. You, were disillusioned with the Shaman path and felt it was time to leave, and still want to practice the Shamanic Arts. We are one and the same, Prince Mobon.

We both are living wild and free, much to their chagrin, as heretics in a system that would tell us what is and is not within our power and path. I think it's time to break down the walls, eradicate the boundaries, pop all the gooey membranes that are holding us back. WE shall decide our own destiny! WE are the final say regarding what is and is not within our power. WE are the creators of our own limits--not them. And if we choose to self-identify as Shaman, then by golly, we are SHAMAN!

I both humbly invite and implore you to join an organization founded by other Shaman-identifying non-Mage individuals (SINMIs). It is called S.T.U.M.P.Y: Shamanic Tribe of Unofficial Mudang Persons of Youth. We were founded on the premise that anyone, of any path of walk of life, should get to exorcise demons, talk to Spirits, perform kuts, and even officiate marriages if they want to. There's no reason why the Shaman Path should be bogarting the Spirit Realm. They don't own it, it's not ethiers, and it's JUST NOT FAIR! EVERYONE has a right to perform Shamanic Rites and Rituals.

You and I, My brother, Prince Mobon--we are rooted firmly in a strange power--one that comes from within, not without--that THEY will never know.

Together we shall form our own SINMI Circle!

Together... We are S.T.U.M.P.Y!

We have secret meetings every Friday night. Please send me a letter if you feel that the principles of S.T.U.M.P.Y resonate with you.

Regards,
Alteffoure Forcequit
Light Naerim Mudang & Former Warrior