Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Amoeba
Subject :Interview with a prisoner
Date :1/26
Hello everyone,

Dr. Amoeba, PhD. Psy.D, L.O.L., Clinical and Criminal Counselor
here again. After what feels like decades after his wrongful imprisonment and with pockets full of gold from the Buya Inquisition Alliance (BIA)'s coffers, I was able to bribe my way in to the jail to speak with now-prisoner Xerath. The following is Xerath's piercing account from behind bars, transcribed in the interest of the public good.

----------------------------------

Dr. Amoeba, PhD, L.O.L.: Xerath, your imprisonment has stirred quite the controversy in Nexus. How are you coping with being labeled a criminal for your outspoken views?

Xerath: Controversy, Doc? More like I've become the talk of the tavern without even buying a round. As for coping, well, I've always fancied myself a bit of an artist, and what's an artist without a bit of infamy? Sure, they call me a criminal, but in a kingdom where speaking the truth is a crime, I wear that label like a badge of honor. And really, if being 'outspoken' means I'm the lone voice of reason in a choir of yes-men and yes-women, I'll sing my truths from this stage any day.

Dr. Amoeba, PhD, L.O.L.: It sounds like you're finding a silver lining. But what about the accusations against you? You've been very vocal about the corruption and deceit in the kingdom.

Xerath: Silver lining? Doc, it's like finding comedy in a tragedy. The kingdom's corruption and deceit landed me here, but at least I'm honest about the farce we're living in. It's like being the only one sober enough to see the house is on fire, and then getting jailed for alarming the others. I'm just the guy pointing out we're all part of a grand circus. And now? I've got front-row seats and no need to pretend the show's not absurd. It's the perfect spot for a critic with a taste for irony and jailhouse brew.

Dr. Amoeba, PhD, L.O.L.: And what about the demon attacks and the alleged cure? You were quite critical of the SeaNymph and her claims.

Xerath: Doc, I've seen more believable performances in a puppet show. It's all smoke and mirrors, and not the good kind you find at a magician's party. I just call it like I see it. But hey, now I've got all the time in the world to write my tell-all memoir: 'Jailhouse Rock: The Xerath Chronicles.'

Dr. Amoeba, PhD, L.O.L.: Despite the dire circumstances, you seem to have a positive outlook.

Xerath: Look, Doc, life's too short to be anything but upbeat. Sure, I'm in a cell, but I've got my health, my herb pipe, and an endless supply of rice wine. Plus, I'm getting in the best shape of my life. If this is punishment, sign me up for life!

Dr. Amoeba, PhD, L.O.L.: Thank you, Xerath, for this enlightening conversation. Your resilience is truly remarkable.

Xerath: Sure thing, Doc. In a place where the truth's rarer than a sober moment in Nagnang, speaking truth makes you a hero or a heretic. I chose my side, and it came with free accommodation here. But you know, being 'vocal' about corruption in the kingdoms is like telling fish they're wet; everyone knows, but no one?s swimming upstream to dry land. Anyways, the people here - guard included - love me. It's been a great time. So, while they can lock up the jester, the joke's still on them.

----------------------------------

Dr. Amoeba, PhD, Psy.D, L.O.L., C&C C.