Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Amoeba
Subject :Interview with a Prisoner [pt 2]
Date :2/23
Hello everyone! Yours truly, Dr. Amoeba PhD., L.O.L.. I met today with the recently incarcerated Xerath, to see how he is doing after his unlawful, illegitimate imprisonment. Following my initial check in with Xerath, my assistant and I received a number of messages of support and recently requesting an update. Wait no longer - I have again spoken with Xerath.

-------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Amoeba, PhD, L.O.L: "Back again, Xerath. You're looking... what's the word? Buff. Jail's been kind?"

Xerath: "Oh, you know, Dr. A, living the dream. Turns out, the best place to get in shape and catch up on reading is right here. Who knew?"

Dr. Amoeba: "I've heard you've been mingling quite a bit. Made any interesting reconnections?"

Xerath: "For sure. It's like a who's who of 'Wait, why are you here too?' Seems like anyone with a hint of sense ends up in here, courtesy of our 'illustrious' leaders. I'm starting to think they just throw darts at a list to decide who's next. And speaking of our esteemed Royals and Elders, their pursuit of power is like watching toddlers with a map and a shovel hunting for treasure in the sandbox. Only, they're serious."

Dr. Amoeba: "Your thoughts on my 'Infernal Influences' lecture? Hit a nerve, didn't it?"

Xerath: "Loved it. You nailed it, painting our 'beloved' power-grabbers as the real demons. It's like they're in a never-ending game of 'Who can ruin more lives?' And DiPlococci's talk on compliance? A masterclass in irony. Made me want to stand up and clap... in handcuffs."

Dr. Amoeba: "Met Egg on my way in. Quite the character."

Xerath: "Egg's an interesting character: hard on the outside, scrambled inside - not unlike our 'fearless leaders'. He's the reminder that, sometimes, the system gets it right by accident."

Dr. Amoeba: "With everything going on, you've managed to find your groove here. Got plans for when you're out?"

Xerath: "First up, a feast that doesn't come through a slot in the door. Then, maybe start my own lecture series: 'Surviving the Sandbox: Tales from the Inside.' Because, honestly, watching our rulers in action is like seeing kids play with fire. It's all fun and games until the whole playground's on fire."

Dr. Amoeba: "Your resilience is something else, Xerath. And your humor's sharper than ever."

Xerath: "Thanks, Dr. A. In a place like this, if you're not laughing, you're doing it wrong. And frankly, with these clowns in charge, the jokes write themselves."

-------------------------------------------------------

After my experience with Xerath, and seeing Egg, I couldn't help but think on the interaction. Xerath is right, and I admire his pragmatism. The system isn't always wrong - it has its moments. But it needs to have more checks and balances put in place so teeny tiny little friend groups can't game the whole thing and jail people whom are innocent.

Maybe there is hope yet for this system. If we can rotate out the current in-group of social out-casts, perhaps it can be salvaged, and we can get back to enforcing justice on those who well and truly deserve it.

There is hope in this Doctor's heart!