Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :ChaeJa
Subject :To ChaeRi
Date :7/10
ChaeRi,

I write to you with a heavy heart, for I have long carried this burden of truth which has long been concealed from us both. It is time to shed light on the shadows of deception, and to shine the light of truth upon our family legacy.

I would be surprised if you had ever heard my name, as we have never had the opportunity to meet. Fate has woven a tangled web around the Sukayan bloodline, and it is time for all to be unraveled.

My name is ChaeJa, the son of King Zhou and Queen Filia, just as you are. However, fate has conspired to keep me hidden, while you have been raised to believe yourself the true heir of Nagnang.

I was born on Nagnang soil, from what I have pieced together, merely months before Mother was exiled after the murder of Father. I was the ripe young age of 16 when you were born, and had already gone off to join the Kayan rebellion with dreams of a brighter future for Kaya held in my heart. Mother wrote to me frequently, speaking of you--and how much our eyes look alike.

The truth, dear brother, is more complex than you have been led to believe. You are not the true son of King Zhou and Queen Filia. You are the son of Queen Filia and General Blight, born out of wedlock, kept hidden to preserve the illusion of legitimacy. It was I who was born of Zhou and Filia's union: the rightful heir to the throne of Nagnang. You, dear brother, are the result of the love story to rival all love stories.

I have recently come into acquisition of a storage vault in southern Kaya that Mother kept many of her things in order to keep the illusion of the 'nonthreatening impoverished'. In her cache of treasures I discovered letters written from General Blight, addressed to his son, ChaeRi, to be opened on his 13th birthday. I know they were not mine to open, but I read them all. They speak in detail, coming from a place of what seems to be love, of why your father had to leave, all about Mother, why he chose to abandon Kaya once again to come to Nagnang's aid, and why you would be growing up without a father, and the strength that his absence would give you. There is not a doubt in my mind that Blight loved (perhaps still loves, wherever he is) you very dearly. There is no question in my mind that this is the very reason why General Blight decided to bend the knee to you in the end, brother. And I think this is the very reason why you did not take his life: you knew. You have always known.

I bear you no ill will, ChaeRi. You were an innocent pawn in an intricate game of power and deception played by others. But now that the truth has come to light, it is my duty to assert my right as ruler of Nagnang. I understand this is probably very difficult for you, but it is imperative that you acknowledge the truth, and relenquish any false claims to the throne.

I extend you this opportunity, brother: join me; embrace your true identity and stand by my side as we forge a new future for Nagnang.

With love,
ChaeJa
Last Son of House Sukaya