Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Departed
Subject :Poor Palace Page
Date :3/27
I was walking through the Nagnang Palace Courtyard minding my own business when a flustered looking man ran up to me. "Hey, hey you!  Diviner!  I need your help!" he proclaimed.

"What is it that troubles your mind, friend?" I replied.

"My name is Palace Page and I need advice big time.  You see, it is my job to sell people ink and paper, except nobody buys my wares anymore.  I just don't know what to do.  I'm almost poor enough to be living on the streets," he stressed, pointing out the door.

"Hmm, it does sound like you could use some advice," I mused.  "Why don't we consult with the I-Ching and see what we can glean?"

I rolled three coins at once, starting at the very bottom line.

Heads Tails Tails -----
Heads Heads Tails -- --
Tails Heads Tails -----

"Ahh, the lower trigram is fire, with no changing lines.  Very interesting.  Let's see what the upper trigram is," I quipped.

Tails Tails Heads -----
Heads Tails Heads -- --
Heads Tails Heads -- --

"Sir Diviner, what does it all mean?  I don't understand these things!" he declared.

"I see, the upper trigram is Mountain, also with no changing lines.  Mountain over Fire... a sign to dress things up a little.  Perhaps you should find a way to advertise your goods or embellish them a bit in order to create more sales?" I noted.

"Hmm... but that costs money!  I don't have any money!  None at all, not even a penny!  So I guess I'll just go live on the street!" he yelled as he ran out the door.

"I suppose it takes money to make money," I yelled out the door after him, but he was already long gone.

...Departed