Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Tsuanjo
Subject :{,S'} Chaotic self realization
Date :7/25

It was a dark and rainy night in Buya, and the Merchant guild was hosting their monthly midnight madness event in the market place. I had been lost in thought as of late so I decided to distract myself from these thoughts.

I decided to sit off to the side and watch the people buy and sell their goods to other locals and keep to myself as I normally do. All was calm until a young and arrogant hoodlum started throwing a tantrum all because he wasn't happy with the offers he was given for his stock pile of golden acorns.

I grinned and continued to watch, normally a situation such as this wouldn't peak my interest..but I felt a sudden joy in watching the drama unfold. Maybe it was partially due to my current emotional status, or maybe it was just actually entertaining.

After a few moments the dramatic flare seemed to fade until an older woman had just enough and decided to speak her mind and set this youngling on the straight and narrow. Well as many of us would suspect, he just wasn't having any of it. He suddely raised his hand and prepared to strike her down.

It was at this moment my emotions all at once were released and I reacted on instinct. I wasn't going to sit idly by and allow this woman to be struck by some deliquent. I calmed my mind and took a long draw from my Sohni pipe, followed by a prayer to my totem spirit for protection. I called upon a spirit but not just any spirit, a trickster, I wanted this boy to learn and never forget.

Darkness loomed over, and a slow rumble could be heard from the sky above. Screams could be heard spreading through the marketplace, and people began to run. The boy began to tremble at his feet and his face began to turn pale with fear. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and the fear had taken complete hold of him, paralyzed from head to toe he stood like a statue. You could see tears begin to trickle down his cheeks, and sure enough his waistcoat was soaked as well. I approached him slowly with a look of satisfaction across my face and decided the boy had learned his lesson twice over.

Before the spirit could fully possess the boy I quickly severed the connection so that the spirit would return. Somehow, I felt relieved as if a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders. I returned to my corner in the market place as if nothing had happened and begin to think about what had just transpired. Here I was only a moment ago battling who I was, I wasn't happy with my life and felt like I was pretending to be someone I wasn't.

If this situation has taught me anything, it is that I gained insight into my true chaotic anture. Had I reacted wrong in my insticts I could have been lost to this spirit till the end of my days. I've thought about why I took this risk and have come to the conlusion that I was acting purely on instinct and raw emotion. Coming to this realization has helped me in understanding my true nature, and will help me in the future of being unbound by chaos.

Signed,

Tsuanjo
-Viper High Priest-