Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Valravn
Subject : Salt in my Eye
Date :1/7

In the silent depths of my chambers, I sought to unravel the enigma that was Brine. My eye, once my own, now a vessel of her memories, beckoned me into a vision, as vivid as the reality it mimicked.

There I stood, in a grand royal court, a stark contrast to the wilderness I knew. Stern, aged faces loomed over me like ancient trees. Heavy iron cuffs, cold and unyielding, imprisoned my wrists. My hands, small and defiant, clenched into fists, ready to battle a world that seemed determined to crush me.

As I gazed up from my confined position, a judge, an embodiment of authority and tradition, met my gaze. His voice, clear and authoritative, demanded my name. "Brine," I replied, the voice strangely familiar, yet not mine. The judge persisted, seeking the truth hidden beneath layers of aliases. "Bronislava Natkhlorovich," I admitted, feeling a reluctant bond with the name.

The charges rained down like a relentless storm: piracy, grand larceny, conspiracy... The list was as long as the judge's shadow in the candlelit courtroom. I allowed my eyes to wander, taking in the opulent surroundings - gold-encrusted walls, portraits of self-important men, vases inscribed with foreign scripts.

As the judge's voice droned on, a realization dawned upon me. Here was a life so wildly different from mine, yet I couldn't help but feel a kinship with Brine. Her defiance in the face of authority, the thrill of her adventures, and the sheer audacity of her crimes captivated me. There was a certain allure to her unapologetic existence, a life lived on her own terms, consequences be damned.

When the judge concluded his lengthy accusations, our eyes met in a silent battle. The court, filled with the victims of her escapades, held its breath. Her response, delivered with a sly, radiant smile, was "Guilty." The room erupted in a cacophony of outrage and relief, but Brine remained unshaken, her grin speaking of victories no chains could bind.

As the vision faded, I sat back, the image of Brine's defiant smile lingering in my mind. Her life, so full of intrigue and rebellion, was a siren's song to my spirit. What secrets did she hold? What adventures had she lived through? And more importantly, what could I learn from her?

These newfound insights into Brine's life opened a labyrinth of possibilities. The eye, now a conduit for her memories, was not just a tool but a gateway to understanding the complexities of human nature, the blurred lines between freedom and morality.

In the silence of my room, surrounded by my totemic ravens, I pondered over Brine's life and my own path. How much of her spirit mirrored mine? And in this strange, entwined existence, what lessons were waiting to be discovered?

The intrigue was intoxicating, an addiction I was all too willing to feed. For now, Brine's life was an open book, and I, Valravn, was its eager reader.

- Valravn
      `\@/'
     Neutral Mudang
     Hyul 143
     1st Moon