Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Violation
Subject :(>|<) *a note pinned to the board by an axe*
Date :3/10
*you notice a note pinned to the board by an axe*

Today started like any normal day for me.  I woke from my slumber deep in the Barbarian Cave.  After stretching, I set out for my morning walk to gather food for the day.  It was a beautiful day outside.  The sun was shining and birds were singing all around.  Ah!  I do love the wilderness!

The first thing I noticed that wasn't right was a cluster of trees were missing.  Upon further inspection they appeared to be recently cut down.  Mind... this wasn't a grove where such things are expected.  This was in a part of the forest where cutting down trees isn't allowed.  This upset me to see, but I moved on for the time making a mental note to discuss it with the Druids.

A bit later on a strange smell filled my nose.  It was the smell of death.  Of rotting corpses.  Not good.  I moved forward on my walk carefully, keeping aware of what was around.  Not three minutes later I saw felled trees laid out in a circle.  They must be the trees that were cut down earlier.  But, in the middle of the trees I found the source of the gut wrenching smell.  Dead rabbits, squirrels, horses, and sheep.  Piled on top of each other in circle patterns.  This senseless slaughter angered me deeply.  "WHO KILLS FOR SPORT?  WHY?  I WILL FIND THOSE RESPONSIBLE!" were the thoughts that went through my head.  I truly don't understand... You should only kill for food and tools, and only cut trees for firewood and buildings and weapons.  YOU DON'T KILL FOR SPORT!  

Us Barbarians do love a good fight and killin when needed... But ONLY when NEEDED.

Let the note be a warning to all that kill needlessly and cut trees down for fun:  If I find out who was responsible for this madness, I will make you answer for your crimes against nature.  

Nature deserves respect.  If you need a lesson on how to respect nature and the wilderness creatures, contact a Druid or Barbarian and we would love to help you understand.  Don't needlessly slaughter our neighboring creatures and our lovely trees.  Please.

~An angry Vio