Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :cookiestar
Subject :* coins of fate! *
Date :6/23
* splash! *
i hopped from one puddle to the next on the beach of gogoon island, searching for fresh cookie ingredients after a particularly savage rainstorm. as i splashed, i heard frustrated mumbling coming from aiata's tavern. i crept inside and looked around, finding okee pacing in front of her cooking pot. i advanced cautiously and put a comforting hand on her shoulder, stopping her mid-stride. she gasped as she saw me, clearly grateful for another person to listen to her story. i assured her i was there to listen, and encouraged her to tell me everything she could. she explained to me that she?d recently made several dishes for chief tahaki and couldn?t stop wondering what he thought about them. she had poured her heart and soul into the sticky rice with mango, she had slaved over the crispy pineapple glazed pork, and she'd fermented the coconut cordial for weeks before sending it, but she was too afraid to ask him what he'd thought about the food.

i offered to assist with her burden and provide some clarity on the situation. she nodded and stepped back towards the table. she took a seat and i took out my coins. with intention and acuity, i performed an i-ching reading to help ease her troubled mind. earth over the mountain. i smiled inwardly - how kind fate can be! i sat with her and explained her reading. the way the mountain knows it is made of earth - we must show humility with our achievements. fate is favorable, but it is important to remain humble in the face of success. okee smiled and looked at me. her face softened as she pondered what she had heard. she nodded calmly at me, thanking me for showing her something she herself had not yet understood.

i left aiata?s tavern with a small sachet of fresh vanilla bean, the zest of several oranges and a sense of pride in a job well done. it was days like today that reminded me of the power and the responsibility i had undertaken in choosing to walking my path.

* splash! *
there's also plenty of fun, too!